Kristen and I were fortunate to have been raised by parents who were excellent philanthropic role models. They instilled in us the notion that volunteering and contributing to one’s community should be as natural as breathing.
Like most of you, we have worked on fundraising events and capital campaigns, served on boards of trustees, and donated money (and wine) to our favorite non-profits over the years. In conjunction with launching our new website, we are also launching a focused giving program that will allow Andrew Murray Vineyards to help you, our loyal customers, raise money for your favorite charities.
Our goal is to leverage social media and the Internet to help you help your own community. It’s our way of thanking you for enjoying our wines, and getting to feel really good about it in the process.
The program is called Root Causes™, because just as we believe that great wine starts at the root of the vine, we also believe that to solve community problems, we must start at the root of the issue. In particular, we believe that if we can help children get a healthy, enriched, safe start in life, we might just prevent them from making poor choices in the future.
Here’s how Root Causes™ works:
- Andrew Murray Vineyards will periodically solicit requests for donation recipients from wine club members.
- For one week, 30% of all online wine sales will be donated to the selected non-profit*.
- For that week, $100 will be contributed for each new wine club sign-up(with a one-year minimum commitment)**.
- By sharing the program via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, email, etc., you can garner the support of others who care deeply about your charity.
Our inaugural recipient of Root Causes™ is Storyteller Children’s Center, a pre-school for homeless and at-risk children in the Santa Barbara, California area. Storyteller provides quality, tuition-free early childhood education for homeless and at-risk children in Santa Barbara County, as well as comprehensive support services for their families. Parents must pursue work or attend school while their children are enrolled. It’s a win-win!
* Exclusive of shipping and tax. Days Off wines and our everyday Syrah Tous les Jours are excluded from the program. Wine club member orders will be limited to a 10% donation due to their significantly discounted purchase price.
** New wine club members will begin receiving their discounts after their first wine club shipment.