Tag Archives: Sangria
We hosted a complimentary Wine Club Appreciation Party at our Los Olivos winery in June. The big hit of that afternoon was our Sangria. Many of our wine club members have been asking me how to make Sangria, AMV style. Of course, there are myriad ways to make it, but the key to good Sangria is to start with good wine. I must admit that I found myself feeling a bit like Merlin as I added a little of this and a little of that to create the desired potion. No, I didn’t wear a cape and a pointy hat to the party, but I hope you’ll find this blend ‘magically’ refreshing!
Magically Refreshing Summer Sangria
- 1 bottle AMV Esperance
- 1 bottle AMV Sanglier Rose
- 1 bottle AMV Syrah Kingsley Vineyard
- Juice from: 3 oranges and 3 limes
- 2 lemons – thinly sliced and seeds removed
- 2 limes – thinly sliced and seeds removed
- 2 oranges – thinly sliced and seeds removed
- 3 tsp granulated sugar
- 18 oz ginger ale
- Sparkling water (we like Pellegrino) to taste
Mix the wine, orange and lime juices, and sugar together in a large container. Add fruit slices and gently stir to combine.
Just prior to serving, add ginger ale and sparkling water to taste, and additional fruit as a garnish.
Add ice and serve!